Standard Features of a Cabin with a Loft
Our lofted cabins include a loft which can be an ideal place for storage or a hide away sleeping area. If you’re comparing cabins from different manufacturers be sure to pay attention to the features which can determine how long your cabin will last and how well if will perform during daily use. Not all cabins are built the same. Feel free to call us at (406) 552-4205 with any questions about our lofted cabin features.
- 4 x 4 treated skids: 8’W (3), 10’W (5), 12’W (5), 14’W (7)
- 2 x 4 treated rim joists 16″ on center (center joists not treated)
- Tongue and Groove PerformMax Waterproof Floor
- 2 x 4 wall framing 16″ on center
- LP Smartside Siding with 5/50 Year Warranty! – Painted or Natural Stain
- 1 x 4 SmartSide or red fir trim
- 1 – 46”wx73”h single door on 8’ wide buildings & 60”wx73”h on all other buildings
- All doors 2 x 4 framing and adjustable steel braces
- Keyed door latch & heavy duty hinges
- Trusses 24″ on center
- 7/16″ OSB roof sheathing
- Choice of 30 year dimensional shingles or 40 ~ year metal roof
- Aluminum drip edge on all roof edges
- 2 – 8″ x 16″ aluminum air vents (one on each end)
- 12 year Top to Bottom warranty!
More Lofted Cabin Photos in Montana
The options when it comes to designing your lofted cabin are nearly endless. We want to give you a hand in the process by offering this collection of photos for your design inspiration. We can build around your dreams. All you need to do is bring your ideas and we’ll help you design and build your personalized cabin. Not the cabin you’re looking for? See our Mt. Lair prefab cabin for a different configuration.